SURFING circuit for FAT Loss!
1. PULL-UPS – working Lat grip or shoulder grip for beginner. 1 x failure. Working to deplete body of Creatine Phosphate System. Allow assist mode on machines but create difficult and make them drop weight given once in set.
2. SUPERMAN BALL-PASS - 1 x 15 passes to each hand. Use small 1kg medicine ball or foam for beginner. Lie on belly, palms up. Hold ball in a “V” position with arms and keep isotonic contraction of UE. Working to exhaust the bodies fast and slow-acting oxidative system. Attempting to focus on tiring lumber section ( erector spinae and para-spinals both specific to surfing and board control)
3. TRICEPS EXTENSION WITH SHOULDER EXTENSION SUPINE ON SWISS BALL DB. 1 x 10. working on hypertrophy adaptations while fatigued (often the wave endanger swimmers due to fatigue). Slow with 2” hold on top of kick-back, following through with shoulder hyper-extension with scapular retraction.
4. SB SWIMMING SUPINE ON SWISS BALL DB. 1’20 Interval.
20” slow and focus on contraction (establish motor neurons and dendrite connection)
10” sprint swim from the sharks!
*Note; Do swiss ball dumbbell row reaching outward to scapular elevation, then depressed, retracted to simulate swimming freestyle. Focus on scapular movement. This is to reach the heart-rate high range and give sport-specific movement and load.
All metabolic systems are now recovering but ready for final depletion.
5. CORE BOARD SURFING. 1 MIN TO 2 MIN. DEPENDING ON INTENSITY GIVEN. Acting an RECOVERY period. Stand on core-board and look side-ways as if surfing. For advanced maneuvers encourage BW SQUATS while riding the wave.